Thursday, March 16, 2017

The old rugged Cross Key A


The Old Rugged Cross


Written by George Bennard

 

Capo 1 for guitar

 

A                  D

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross

    E7                      A

The emblem of suff'ring and shame

      A                             D

And I love that old cross where the dearest and best

      E7                        A

For a world of lost sinners was slain

 

 

Chorus:

        E7                     A

So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,

        D                      A

Till my trophies at last I lay down

       A                       D

I will cling to the old rugged cross,

      A              E7        A

And exchange it some day for a crown

 

 

       A                              D

In the old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine

  E7                A

A wondrous beauty I see

         A                          D

For twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died

   E7                  A

To pardon and sanctify me

 

 

Chorus

 

 

       A                       D

To the old rugged cross I will ever be true

    E7                        A

Its shame and reproach gladly bear

           A                      D

Then he'll call me some day to my home far away

          E7                 A

Where his glory forever I'll share

No comments:

Post a Comment